Set in the heart of Val d'Orcia natural park the house is surrounded by large oak trees that filter the sun creating an immensely pleasant mixture of light and shade. Le Querce is a comfortable, generous and sunny family house.
Next to the main house a lower building has been converted into a loft like dépendance with a large living room withan open space kitchen and massive antique beams running from one end to the other.
The garden was designed by the landscape gardener Peter Curzon. Climbing roses, hydrangea petiolaris and honeysuckle as well as lavender, sage, rosemary and cistus mix well with the old local oaks and fruit trees. A large covered pergola is the ideal place for delicious "al fresco" meals not too far from the swimming pool.
The lay-out of the house follows the farmer's traditions, with the living quarters on the first floor, the stable has been transformed into a spectacular summer living room with 7 large windows.
- Large summer living room with fireplace and various sitting areas.
- 1 Twin bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower (suitable for wheelchairs)
- Laundry room
- Large central living room with fireplace
- Large kitchen/dining with fireplace
- 2 Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms with shower
- 1 Double bedroom
- 1 Twin bedroom
- 1 Bathroom with bathtub
- Large living room with fireplace and open space kitchen
- 1 Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- 1 Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
Arrivals and Departures:
- Minimum stay is one week, maximum is four weeks.
- Arrivals: Saturday around 4pm
- Departures: Saturday at 9:30am
Prices for this property are in Euro. £ or $ prices are indicative and are calculated at the exchange rate as per 25th January 2012, therefore they may be different at the time you book this property. We will communicate the exact amount in £ or $ on the day the payment is due. Please note that at the time of booking a 50% deposit is requested to confirm the booking.
- Deposit: € 600 (to be paid locallyby cheque to the owner or his/her representative)
These charges are not included in the rental price and must be paid locally to the owner or his representative:
- Telephone (as per meter reading)
- Wood for fireplaces
Other services that can be arranged:
- Please refer to our Concierge Service