Surrounded by wheat and sunflowers and the famous clay hills of Val d'Orcia natural park I Gonzi lies in the middle of open farmland. The house is a long rectangular stone building overgrown with rambling roses, honeysuckle and Mediterranean aromatic plants such as rosemary, sage, lavender and thyme. Secular oak trees grow in front of it on both sides of the stream that runs just below the house.
The garden of I Gonzi was landscaped by a famous designer who chose plants that naturally blend in with the surrounding fields. The pool is exposed to the sun all day long, the pool house next to it, has been equipped with a summer kitchen, an old wooden table and chairs are located under a pergola covered by vine and wisteria. A shady spot exposed to a light breeze perfect for "al fresco" meals.
As you approach I Gonzi from a 1 km private gravel road bordered by oak trees you will enter into the spirit of the remote bucolic atmosphere that surrounds the house.
The lay-out of the house follows the farmer's traditions, with the living quarters on the first floor, the stable has been transformed into a spectacular summer living room with 7 large windows.
- Large summer living room with fireplace and various sitting areas.
- 1 Twin bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower (suitable for wheelchairs)
- Laundry room
- Large central living room with fireplace
- Large kitchen/dining with fireplace
- 2 Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms with shower
- 1 Double bedroom
- 1 Twin bedroom
- 1 Bathroom with bathtub
- Summer kitchen
- Changing room
- Shower and WC
Arrivals and Departures:
- Minimum stay is one week, maximum is four weeks.
- Arrivals: Saturday around 4pm
- Departures: Saturday at 9:30am
Prices for this property are in Euro. £ or $ prices are indicative and are calculated at the exchange rate as per 25th January 2012, therefore they may be different at the time you book this property. We will communicate the exact amount in £ or $ on the day the payment is due. Please note that at the time of booking a 50% deposit is requested to confirm the booking.
- Deposit: € 600 (to be paid locallyby cheque to the owner or his/her representative)
These charges are not included in the rental price and must be paid locally to the owner or his representative:
- Telephone (as per meter reading)
- Wood for fireplaces
Other services that can be arranged:
- Please refer to our Concierge Service